How to set up a recycling business? In this article you will learn how to earn money from garbage. Behind the advertising campaigns that invite us to recycle there is a big business.
When we take the trouble to separate garbage in plastic, paper and cardboard from organic waste; what we are doing, apart from taking care of the planet, is to facilitate the logistics of the businesses dedicated to recycling .
Why not create your own recycling business and take advantage of all the advertising that governments do to this activity?
PLASTIC RECYCLING BUSINESS:
The plastic bottle recycling business will serve as an example to give an overview of the operation of this business.
What is the business?
The business process is simple, basically there are three general steps:
- Collect kilos and kilos of plastic bottles, also known as PET bottles (polyethylene terephthalate).
- Grind the bottles until there are small fibers.
- Sell this crushed plastic to companies specialized in the manufacture of plastic products.
SPECIFIC STEPS FOR A RECYCLING BUSINESS OF PLASTIC BOTTLES:
1. Investigate who your customers will be
In your city there must be a company specialized in creating products based on recycled plastic. You must close a deal with them; that is, converting is your raw material supplier.
What happens if there is no such specialized company? Bingo! You have just run into a great business opportunity: Create this specialized company. Continue reading: Business with a future: The 4 ideas that are changing the world
2. Invests in machinery and warehouse
This is a business that requires great economic investment. There are two major expenses:
– Buy a plastic crushing machine . The price can range from a thousand dollars to 10 thousand dollars. This price varies depending on the power of the machine among other technical issues that a specialized shop can advise you.
– Rent a cellar : The winery will be the place where your business works, it will store the plastic bottles and take the process of crushing them, pack the resulting product and dispatch the merchandise. From 300 to 7000 square meters would be good to start.
3. Plastic bottle collection strategies
It is the simplest step but it must be done once you have insured or advanced the two previous ones. Virtually all governments spend money on campaigns that encourage the separation of recyclable materials from organic ones. So you already have a lot of work done.
The strategies for the collection of the bottles are two:
- Agreements with large establishments : Universities, schools, residential units, sports centers, cultural events and shopping centers. You will be the person who is responsible for recycling the products in return you give them the garbage cans. Just ask them what they want in exchange for their trash.
- You pay the recyclers . You save the time it would take to collect kilos and kilos of plastic bottles and in return you pay the people who dedicate themselves to this activity a price that is worthy for them and that at the same time is profitable for your business.
WHAT OTHER MATERIALS CAN BE RECYCLED AND SOLD?
There are other materials with which you can do business applying the previous three steps they are:
Paper recycling business :
For this recycling business you must be careful not to mix different types of paper. You can collect the paper in offices, universities and colleges.
Tire recycling business:
This is a good business but it has two drawbacks. First, it does not have as much output as plastic and paper. Second, a larger space may be needed to store the most powerful wheels and grinding machines.
Recycling computer parts :
PC motherboards, laptops, tablets and cell phones contain quite attractive elements such as silver, aluminum, bronze and in case you did not know: The desired and expensive GOLD.
“Bestbusinessplans” also recommended to you read this aritcle: http://xinnuotrade.com/why-knowledge-management-is-an-opportunity-for-businesses/
So, with recycling we also realize that The big business is: Being an Entrepreneur.